- Twice in my life I’ve found myself fleeing a burning building. In neither instance did I move as quickly as your average New Yorker walking down the street. I believe there is an excellent chance I’ll be trampled to death here.
- Smiling at strangers on the street and saying hello for no particular reason is fun here. They don’t expect it. Throws them off their game. One guy walked into a wall.
- Everyone calls me “ma’am.” I’m choosing to believe this is some sort of folksy New England tradition and not that I’ve suddenly aged 30 years.
- I like clam chowder.
- Landing at JFK looks a lot like landing in, say, Madison, Wisconsin.
- Everyone in New York dresses up. Everyone in L.A. dresses down.
More photos after the jump!
Click on any photo to see the uncropped version. Click again for the bigger version.